The first visit to our dental office is meant to introduce your child to the dentist, help your child feel comfortable, and give your dentist a benchmark for future dental visits.
The first dental appointment for small children will usually involve:
- The dentist showing your child how to brush their teeth
- An explanation of how to keep their teeth clean by eating nutritious food and avoiding ‘sugar bugs’
- An introduction to the dental instruments and a quick polish of your child’s teeth
- An examination of your child’s teeth, their position, and the general oral environment
- A special reward at the end!